Thursday, September 18, 2014

[Review+Swatch] Zoya Ultra PixieDust Fall 2014



Hi everyone! Today's collection is Zoya's Ultra PixieDust for fall 2014! In Zoya's how-to, they advised prepping with Zoya Remove+ first, and then applying 1-3 coats without base coat or top coat. I did exactly that with my swatches below. I was worried the richer colors might stain without base coat, but none of them did. Also, they were all opaque in 2 coats!


Oswin, 2 coats: "true red textured PixieDust with crimson hex glitters." It's easy to apply, but sometimes a glitter would stray out of line. The consistency, however, is perfect, and it dries relatively quickly. But I must profess this was my least favorite. When it dries the color becomes very dull compared to the rich color you see in the bottle. It's a shame, because it looks beautiful when you're applying it.



Arianna, 2 coats: "blue-toned red wine textured PixieDust" with red glitter. A much richer color - now this is what I'm talking about! Arianna is what I hoped Oswin would be. Excellent consistency, no stray glitters, and great pigmentation.



Noir, 2 coats: "deep, vampy plum textured PixieDust" with red hex glitter. The glitter looks less red in this one because of the purple base. It applied just as well as Arianna, and is my favorite of the three.



A bonus "shade" shot taken in my lightbox. Indirect lighting brings out the red glitters more - so pretty!


Verdict: I felt Oswin was a bit disappointing because of the "dull" color, but the other two were perfect! All three excelled in consistency and pigmentation. If you're a fan of Zoya's PixieDust line, I think you'll enjoy these as well. :)

Availability: Ultra PixieDust is available online at Zoya.com for $10 each. You may also find them in stores at Ulta.


Which one is your favorite? Let me know in the comments below! :)

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)