Monday, September 1, 2014

[Review+Swatch] China Glaze The Giver Collection


Hi everyone! I just noticed I've been posting a lot of China Glaze recently. Today's collection is not an oldie, but a new one inspired by the book-turned-film, The Giver. This was one of my favorite books as a child, so I'm excited to see it gain some popularity again. :)


The Outer Edge, 2 coats: fine white glitter topper with a sprinkling of silver glitter. The silver is hard to see in pictures, but I promise it's there. The white glitter is matte, so the metallic silver adds a bit of sparkle. The glitter is very dense and applies evenly. You might be able to get it opaque in 3-4 coats, but I think it look nice over naked nails like this. Doesn't it look delicate like lace?



New Birth, 3 coats: very pale blue/ blue-tinted white creme. It's streaky, but the consistency is great, which helps to even the color out. I really like this one! It's almost white, but not quite. The blue tint adds some softness that makes it easy to wear. It's cool-toned and pale, so it probably looks amazing on cool-toned skin. But, it's look okay on my warm skin as well. I recently did some nail art with it, which you can see here.



Capacity To See Beyond, 3 coats: bright aqua creme. It applies easily without any problems. I think it looked good at 2 coats, but I did 3 for pics.



Release, 2 coats: purple-leaning taupe creme. The consistency was medium-thick and the formula was easy to work with.



History of the World, 2 coats: dusty, cool-toned dark purple creme. This color is so incredibly hard to capture. My camera insisted on making it blue, so I had to color correct these photos. The below photo is more accurate than the one above, but it's still off. This is the most accurate swatch I've found of it so far. It can lean a little blue in some lightings, but it's definitely more purple than blue.



Seeing Red, 2 coats: red creme. Not too exciting, but appropriate for the collection. Again, easy to apply and nice consistency.


Verdict: I don't have all the colors from this collection, but I enjoyed trying out the ones I did have. None of the polishes were duds; they were all easy to work with. My favorites are Outer Edge and New Birth. PS. They look great together as well!

Availability: China Glaze® The Giver limited edition nail polish collection is available now at beauty supply stores nationwide including Sally Beauty and Ulta stores. Individual shades retail for $7.50 MSRP.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)