Saturday, March 8, 2014

[Review+Swatch] Barielle Velvets for Spring 2014


Hi guys! Today I'm reviewing one of Barielle's new spring 2014 collections! The Velvets is comprised mostly of soft colors that would look perfect for spring. Even the brighter colors have a dusty feel to them.

The other Barielle collection is Spring Vibrants, which I'll be posting soon. I'm actually wearing a few of the colors now, so if you're curious you can check out my Instagram here. :)


Cream 'N Sugar, 4 coats: "sheer, soft pink." This color is very sheer, and the formula is on the thinner side. However, it applies evenly and dry time is about average. I think it'd make an excellent base for a french tip mani.



Uptown Girl, 3 coats: pale "dusty pink" creme. I found this a little streaky, but the third coat evened it all out. Other than that, the consistency was good, so it applied fairly well.



My Tan Blazer, 2 coats: "tan, camel color" creme. I love the muted feel in this color! The description is pretty spot on, and application was a breeze.



My Week Away, 2 coats: "dusty pink" creme with fine green shimmer. The shimmer is very subtle - you can't even see it in my photos. It's a bit more apparent in real life, but not enough that you'd notice it without looking for it. I wish the shimmer was more visible, because it really looks gorgeous in the bottle! Formula-wise, it applied evenly without any hassle.



Sexy Mood, 2 coats: "muted magenta" creme. The formula was flawless, and the color is gorgeous! It's just perfect for spring, especially since orchid is the Pantone color of the year. :)



A Little Exotic, 2 coats: "muted, rusty rose" creme. Love this! It's a gorgeous shade of red that's both eye-catching and muted. Application was excellent as well.


Verdict: I love the color palette of this collection, especially how all the colors embody a degree of softness to them. Most of the colors, especially the cremes, applied easily in just two coats. My favorites are A Little Exotic and Sexy Mood, but I enjoyed wearing My Tan Blazer as well.

Availability: Spring Velvet shades are available at barielle.com for $8 each. The polishes are 5-free, containing no formaldehyde, toluene, dibutylphthalate, camphor, or formaldehyde-resin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)