Tuesday, February 12, 2013

OPI Euro Centrale Collection Review (Part 2)


Hi guys!  Today's post features the cooler half of the Euro Centrale collection.  I reviewed the warmer half yesterday (found here).


You're Such A Budapest, 3 coats: periwinkle purple creme with very subtle sparkle.  Not an all too unique color, but it's a nice one if you don't already own this color.  The polish flowed smoothly and was fairly easy to apply.  The only problem I had was that the brush sometimes dug into the polish near the tips.  I did a careful third coat and that seemed to take care of the problem.  The end result is very shiny and pretty.


Can't Find My Czechbook, 3 coats: aqua creme.  At first glance, it reminded me of OPI Fly (Nicki Minaj), but this is much lighter and bluer.  I found this color a little streaky (streakiest from this collection), but not so much that it was a big problem.  The third coat evened out the color and formula-wise it flowed smoothly and easily.  Again, like many of the colors in this collection, this had a lovely, shiny finish.


I Saw...U Saw...We Saw...Warsaw, 2 coats: dark navy creme.  I guess it's not quite navy, but that's the closest description I can think of.  It's very pigmented and I suspect this one's a stainer.  I didn't want to take a chance, so I swatched it with base coat, but removal was a little messy.  I've seen worse, and I made sure to take it off carefully, so it wasn't too bad.  But just a warning.  On the plus side, this is an almost one-coater and it's very shiny.  No problems with the formula either.


OPI...Eurso Euro, 2 coats: "deep midnight blue" creme.  It's not quite royal blue because it lacks the intensity.  It's more of a cobalt blue.  This color's darker on the nail than in the bottle.  Again, very shiny and application was a dream.  Oh, and I didn't have any trouble removing this one.


Vant to Bite My Neck?, 2 coats: "deep eggplant" creme.  It's a nice dark purple shade that excels in both application and pigmentation.


Polka.com, 1 coat layered: purple, teal, and bright pink medium glitters with fine purple glitter.  I'm a sucker for blue and pink pairings, so I really like this.  I layered one coat over You're Such A Budapest (above) and on the tips of I Saw...U Saw...We Saw...Warsaw (below).  Both great combos!


Verdict:  Minus the one streaky color, the rest applied fairly well.  One thing that seems characteristic of the cremes in this collection is how shiny they are - always appreciated even though I always use top coat.  (None of these pics are with top coat, except for the very last one).  My only gripe with this collection is that there were three streaky colors - minimally streaky- but streaky nonetheless.  Overall, the colors from this set were all nice, but Polka.com is the only one that really pops out to me in terms of uniqueness.  While not too unique, I also enjoyed wearing You're Such A Budapest, Can't Find My Czechbook, and OPI...Eurso Euro.

Availability:  Euro Centrale by OPI is now available at Professional Salons, including Beauty Brands, Beauty First, Chatters, Dillard’s, JCPenney, Pure Beauty, Regis, Trade Secret, and ULTA, for $9.00 ($10.95 CAN) suggested retail for each Nail Lacquer. 


What do you think of this collection?  Any must-haves?


Liz
Products in this post were sent to me for my honest review.
Please view my disclosure policy for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)