Friday, December 23, 2011

Winter Mani: Tweed & Roses

Hey all,

I probably should get my holiday manis posted, but I wanted to share this winter mani I did with you first.  I think I'm going to compile my holiday looks into one post and post it tonight.  So be on the lookout for that one!  Here's the winter look I did with tweed and roses. :)


Read on to see more!
I was inspired to do this look by these nails I saw in a Nail Venus magazine scan.  They're the third set down from the left.  I never really looked at nail magazines before, and I wish I could get my hands on some!  I think I'm going to try looking for them at a Japanese supermarket.  I cropped the pic below from a scan, but you can see the full scan by clicking the pic.


Oh how I sorely wish I had more rhinestones and acrylic designs to decorate my nails with!  Unfortunately, my supply of nail tools are pretty limited, so I had to make do with what I had.  This was my first time doing a tweed look, and I definitely think I could do better. Next time, I'll try to make my lines thinner to keep it from looking plaid like.  I also had to draw my roses in.  It was my first time actually drawing a rose, so I was a bit intimidated, but I really love how they came out!  It was very easy to do too.  Next time I draw roses again, I will definitely do a tutorial for you guys!  Here are some more pics of my version.

a rare thumb appearance
 



On a sidenote.  Remember when I swatched the base color (Dr.'s REMEDY Nurture Nude Pink) back when it was summer?  I remember saying in the post that it looked awful on me.  However, when I used it for my mani here, it actually looked nice!  I think my hands got paler over the winter, making it look nicer on me.  So it actually might be a good idea to retry summer colors you didn't like again in the winter. :P

Anyway, what did you think of this mani?  Let me know in the comments! :)


Liz

4 comments:

  1. Thanks! I'm so glad you like it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE this! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this looks amazing. You did a great job at recreating this manicure.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)