Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Julep Maven Mystery Box

Hey all!

Wow I really have not posted for over a month.  Shame on Liz!  Now that finals are over and I'm on break, I will definitely post more.  I have files and files of backlogged nail pics, so there is definitely enough content to post twice a day for a month there.  Anyway, I wanted to share with you the Julep Mystery Box I ordered.  It came today!

The Julep Box of Mystery retails for $60 and is full of mystery Julep products worth anywhere from $60 to $200!  If you use code DAY5 you can get the box for $19.99.  I also had a $15 voucher, so I got mine for a whopping $4.99, and of course shipping is free.  Let's take a look at what I got. :)


Left to right: Pout Popper in Arousal (lip gloss), Age Defying Hand Brightener (mini), Glycolic Hand Scrub (mini), 3 Nail polishes: Christina, Carrie, Jodie, and a glass file.

All in all, while I didn't score $200 worth of products, I'd say I got around $80 worth!  Not bad at all.  I think you're guaranteed at least two nail colors, so I'd say it's worth checking out.  What do you think?  Let me know if you ordered this box too and what you got!  I'd love to know! :D


Liz

11 comments:

  1. Eek! That doesn't sound good at all. I definitely don't think you should continue using them. They look alright on me, but are painful for me during the first few minutes. I haven't touched it since.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first mystery box was similar, except I received Penelope, Stefani, and Shania as my polish colors, which made me happy, as I I didn't have any of them and had already planned to purchase both Stefani and Shania. Unfortunately, I had a problem with the gloss. I put it on and felt a slight tingle for about 5 minutes or so, so I thought it would be fine. Except, then I looked in the mirror and my lips looked painfully puffy anf reddish, even though the gloss itself didn't even tingle as much as lip venom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you got a great box too! Hope you enjoy yours as much as I am. Happy holidays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, not at all. This is separate from the Julep Maven program. You would just purchase the mystery box, not a subscription. Hope that helps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got the EXACT same things! I LOVE the colors. Did the lipgloss make you break out though? It's beautiful...but a little intense!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got my mystery box today and i'm super excited because this is my first ever julep purchase!! i'm looking forward to trying out their nail polishes! my mystery box was pretty much the same as yours... i got the same color lip gloss, the same 2 tubes of hand stuff, the crystal file, my polishes were different tho..i got Niecy, Ellen and Charlotte!!! have a great holiday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. my question is do you have to be part of the maven program to get the mystery box?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got the voucher for referring a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How did you get your 15 voucher?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I just tried out the lip gloss after reading your comment. I didn't get any negative reactions on my lips from wearing it (well, so far), but I agree that it's intense! It seems to be a lip plumping gloss, so some tingling is to be expected, but this one felt like all out stinging. About 15 minutes later it just tingles a bit, but I don't think my lips are that much plumper. If your lips are breaking out from it, you might not want to continue using it. ^^

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)