Monday, September 12, 2011

Urban Outfitters Dust

Polish no.2 from Urban Outfitters.  Does it remind you of another polish?



1.5 coats of Dust over 2 coats of China Glaze First Mate.  I know, you're wondering what 1.5 coats means.  This is basically 1 coat with some extra help on the sides to cover any parts I missed with the first coat.  So it covers really well!  Dust is jam packed with four different sized silver glitter in a very sheer watery blue base.  Watery here is describing how the color looks in the bottle, not the formula.  The formula is actually more on the thicker side because it's so full of glitter, but still applies well.  Do you think the sheer blue gives the silver glitter a slight blue tint?  I wasn't sure if it was the base reflecting off it, or if it even had a blue tint. -_-

Here's what I meant by 4 different sized glitters.  I'm sure you could have found them all yourself, but I was in a labeling mood. ^^  I really like that there are so many different sized glitters.  :)

So did Dust remind you of another polish?  Perhaps Deborah Lippmann's Today was a Fairytale?  I don't own TWAF, so I looked up pics online and in my opinion, the bottle pics do look similar.  However, they are not dupes.  The Lippmann polish contains only two different sized glitters.  According to All Lacquered Up, TWAF contains "tiny square silver glitter particles and large octagonal silver sequins."  My guess is that those glitter sizes would be equivalent to the small and medium glitters in Dust.  While I don't have a direct comparison, I think I prefer Dust.  Since you can buy 2 UO polishes for $8 (reg. price $5), you can get a similar look for less than 1/4 the price of Lippmann's TWAF.  Plus, I like that it covers better in one coat and has varied glitter size.

Overall, a gorgeous polish with a lovely sparkling effect like diamonds.  You can't beat the $4-5 price either.  Wear it over a base or build it up for a dramatic look. :)




What are your thoughts on this polish?  Let me know in the comments! ^^


Liz

18 comments:

  1. So cool! I'm really loving these super large glitters. Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it gorgeous and such a steal compared to twaf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks very cool! I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!It's soo amazing polish! I want to own it too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is amazing, very pretty! You can't beat the price.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a really pretty polish ! Love your combo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy crap! that looks gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soooo beautiful, it really grabs my eye!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I may have to add this to my collection!

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous polish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a gorgeous "dust" you've got there! :) Love it. The glitter itself remind me a lot of OPI Crown Me Already!. And that "1.5 coats" is so funny!!! LOL :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this! It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh wow that looks spectacular, thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)