Sunday, July 17, 2011

Awards, awards, and more awards

Lately I haven't been getting emails notifications for my Disqus comments, so I was all confused until it just occurred to me that they might be getting sent to spam!  I fished those out of there and found a lovely award email as well. :)  I've been putting off doing the awards post for a while now, so there's going to be a couple.  Just a warning.

From Ina of My Nail Polish Online I received both the Sunshine Award and the Best Blog award.  From Diana of D.I.A.N.A. I was awarded the Best Blog award.  Thank you girls!  The award I received seems to be a string of many awards.

Rules
• Thank the person who gave you this award
• Write a post about it
• Answer to the questions below
• Pass it on to 10 bloggers who you think really deserve it and send them message to let them know

Favorite color:  Turquoise and teals.
Favorite Animal:  Dogs, especially my dog Max.
Favorite number:  2 and sometimes 7.  I know 7 is cliche but hey.  My sister was born 10/10 and my brother 6/6, so I always wish I was born on 7/7 not 7/6. :P
What perfume am I using right now?  Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue.
Something you always wear with you and identifies you:  Hm...probably the ring my bf gave me.  We both wear matching silver bands.
What’s your passion?  I have many, but nail polish is definitely one of them now.
Getting or giving presents?  I'm going to be truthful, I love getting nail mail.  But getting stuff always makes me want to give back.
What was the last eyeshadow you used?  Clinique Sparkling Sage and French Vanilla.  I like earth tones.
Favorite day of the week:  Saturday.  It's the day you can do some carefree relaxing without worrying about the next day.
Are your nails painted right now? Yes, I’m still wearing Deborah Lippmann Forget You and Candy Shop.



Rules
• Link back to the person who passed you the award
• Complete the form below
• Share 7 random things about yourself
• Award 15 blogs
• Drop them a line and tell them about it

This is the form to be completed:

Name your favorite color:  Turquoise and teals.
Name your favorite song:  Tough... I can't say I have one at the moment.
Name your favorite dessert:  Warm apple pie topped with French vanilla ice cream.
What makes you mad?  Disrespect and arrogance.
When you’re upset you...  Do something that makes me happy and keeps me from thinking about it.
Your favorite pet:  Max!
Black or white?  White, but black for clothes.  ^^
Your biggest fear is…  Bugs, especially spiders and centipedes or anything with way too many legs.  I also hate porcelain dolls.  They're creepy.
Your best feature is…  My straight hair, although I envy loose curls.
Everyday attitude:  Hopeful
What is perfection?  Nature
Guilty Pleasure:  Buying new polish. >.<

The 7 random things about myself:
1.  When I bring my index fingers together, the top half doesn't come together because they're crooked, especially my right pointer.
2.  I've been craving french macaroons lately.  Anyone have a good recipe?
3.  I have a spreadsheet where my lemmings are listed by brand.  It's ridiculously long.
4.  I love to cook and bake, but mostly bake.
5.  I have a soft spot for pretty packaging.
6.  I'm very interested in photography and hope to get a nice DSLR camera one day.
7.  If I were to have a super power it would be the ability to teleport with whatever I intend to bring with me.  That way I can travel around the world and bring back some souvenirs...like nail polish...and food. :)


Next I was tagged for a string of 4 awards by Chrissy of Nail Utopia and Sarah from That Unique Someone.  Thank you so much!





Rules
1. Thank the person that gave you the awards, and link back to them.
2. Post seven things about yourself.

3. Pass the love to 15 bloggers.
4. Let them know they've received the awards!


Since I already wrote 7 things about myself I'm going to pass on this one. ^^


And finally I received the Butterfly Award from Cristina of Opinionated Little Finger.  A million thanks! :D


 The Rules:
1. Link back to the person who awarded this award to you
2. Share 7 Random things about yourself
3. Answer the following questions
4. Award 15 blogs 

This one has the same rules as the one for Best Blog, so I'll spare you the repeat. ^^

Okay now for the tags.  I'm not sure who has received what, so I'd like to tag back the bloggers who tagged me for any of the awards they have not received from the ones shown above and a few blogs I enjoy reading these days.
I love reading all these blogs and highly recommend that you check them out.  I tend to favor blogs with good application and clear pics, and I can vouch for these blogs.  They all deserve a lot more attention. :)


Liz

13 comments:

  1. hi hi :D Thank you for tagging me for the other awards!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for passing onto me these lovely awards! And you totally deserve each and every one of them =]]]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the awards! And the one main thing I noticed, my index fingers are crooked too! Nice to know i'm not the only one:P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on all those awards! You deserve them:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats and thank you Liz your the sweetest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha thanks! Ah I knew my fingers weren't out of the ordinary. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the tag! I'm following! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw no problem! I think you deserve them all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks! And you're welcome. I think your blog is lovely and deserves more attention. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the follow! And no problem. I enjoy reading your blog very much. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)